Tuesday 11 October 2011

Will there be sufficent demand?

I read with interest today an article about one Chinese ITO company, in which a report from Gartner was cited. I haven't seen the report myself, but here's the quotation:

"In a report authored by analyst Tina Tung and released in June, Gartner noted that there were now more than 12,000 China-based service providers, with a total employee count of more than 2.3 million people – more than 70 per cent of whom had a bachelor’s degree or higher."

If my arithmetic is correct, that constitutes 1.6 million university graduates, seeking a career in outsourcing, in China alone.

I wonder how many potential Masters Degree students it would take for the light to go on in academia that there is a real opportuntiy here to offer a Master of Business (Outsourcing)?

Here's a link to the source of my quotation:
http://www.itwire.com/it-industry-news/strategy/50297-chinese-offshoring-gathers-pace

Please keep your comments coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment